We always recommend seeing a printed proof of your book before approving it and asking us to go to print with your full order. With a printed proof not only do you see how your content sits on the pages but you also get to feel the paper and see how the binding works. Printed proofs take a few days to create before they are sent out to you, for more information see our turnaround times.
Once you have received your proof you can request changes using your online account. We will make the changes and upload a new proof to the online viewer*. The purpose of a proof is to check you are happy with how the book looks, we advise that you proofread your book before placing your order. Making lots of changes to the text after seeing your proof will delay your order and can become costly.
*Quotes include one printed proof, if you require a further printed proof this will incur an extra charge of £25 for hardbacks or £15.00 for any other binding type.
A printed proof is best if...
- You are unsure about paper stocks and what the weight of a paper feels like
- The look and feel of your book is extremely important to you
- You have never had a book printed before
- Your order is for a large number of books
- You do not have a tight deadline